QuadCityFED@netexpress.net309-788-1303 / 563-324-9414Mon/Tue: varies
Wed - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
Who We Are
The QCFL serves Scott, Muscatine and Louisa Counties in Iowa and Rock Island, Henry and Mercer Counties in Illinois.
The QCFL consists of 73 union locals and affiliate organizations who represent 33,000 workers.
The purpose of the Quad City Federation of Labor is to build solidarity among unions and within our communities.
For more information contact us at:
- Why America Elects So Few Women Compared To The Rest Of The WorldZimbabwe. Honduras. Kazakhstan. China. Vietnam. Afghanistan. Tunisia. Cuba. Iraq. Sudan. Bosnia. Eritrea. And even Saudi Arabia. That’s a list of some of the 99 countries that have more women legislatures than the United States. The post Why America Elects So Few Women Compared To The Rest Of The World appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- GOP To Iowans: Your Neighbors Will Know If You Don’t Vote RepublicansBeyond "vote shaming."The post GOP To Iowans: Your Neighbors Will Know If You Don’t Vote Republicans appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Here’s How Oil Industry Members Reacted When Told To Use ‘Fear And Anger’ To Win Fracking Fight"It's brilliant in its simplicity," said one audience member. "The way you're going is really neat," said another. "This has been very, very helpful," said one more.The post Here’s How Oil Industry Members Reacted When Told To Use ‘Fear And Anger’ To Win Fracking Fight appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Study Says Curbing Population Growth Won’t Help Address Climate ChangeModeling of population growth scenarios indicates that no realistic or morally defensible policies can put a major dent in the trends through 2100.The post Study Says Curbing Population Growth Won’t Help Address Climate Change appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- How The Southern Baptists Are Still Completely Failing Transgender PeopleHowever the Southern Baptist Convention has softened its tone on homosexuality, it still rejects transgender identities outright.The post How The Southern Baptists Are Still Completely Failing Transgender People appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- North Carolina Is Fighting To Enact One Of The Country’s Most Condescending Abortion LawsThe state is essentially arguing that women can't be trusted to make difficult decisions.The post North Carolina Is Fighting To Enact One Of The Country’s Most Condescending Abortion Laws appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Ohio Supreme Court Justice: Vote For Me Because ‘I Am A Republican’ Who Will Uphold GOP LawsWell, give her credit for being candid.The post Ohio Supreme Court Justice: Vote For Me Because ‘I Am A Republican’ Who Will Uphold GOP Laws appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Obamacare’s Second Open Enrollment Period Is Coming Up, But Millions Of People Have No IdeaUninsured Americans are in the dark about their coverage options.The post Obamacare’s Second Open Enrollment Period Is Coming Up, But Millions Of People Have No Idea appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- NASA Bombshell: Global Groundwater Crisis Threatens Our Food Supplies And Our SecurityWe are rapidly depleting many of the world's most important aquifers. NASA reports, "Nearly all of these underlie the word’s great agricultural regions and are primarily responsible for their high productivity." Further declines threaten both our food supplies and our security.The post NASA Bombshell: Global Groundwater Crisis Threatens Our Fo […]
- Kentucky Coal Miners Say One Senate Candidate Is Pro-Miner, The Other Is Pro-Coal Company“I understand coal companies have to make money. They don’t have to make it all."The post Kentucky Coal Miners Say One Senate Candidate Is Pro-Miner, The Other Is Pro-Coal Company appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Why America Elects So Few Women Compared To The Rest Of The World
Executive Pay Watch
Download flyer here: Immigration Outreach Training
QC Interfaith is partnering with United Food & Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Local 431, UFCW International and the Center for Worker Justice in Training for Community Members on Immigration Outreach Event to LPR and DACA (Legal Permanent Residents and Deferred Action Youth)
WHAT: QC Interfaith is seeking our leaders and other community members to build a team to be trained to participate in workshops for reaching out to legal permanent residents (LPR’s) and childhood arrivals (DACA) to begin them on a path to citizenship. Volunteers on this team will receive two and half days of training July 10-12 , 2014 to be able to help immigrants decide if they are qualified for the LPR to citizenship or the deferred action for children programs and provide them with information about the documentation they must present for participation in either.
WHEN: July 10-12, 2014
Thursday- July 10 9 am to 5pm
Friday July 11 9am -5pm
Saturday 9am to 12 noon
WHERE: At the UFCW Hall – 2411 W. Central Park Avenue, Davenport. Iowa
COST & OTHER INFO:
Training is free.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Translators for Spanish (and other languages if needed) will be provided
You do not need to be bilingual.
NEXT STEPS: After successful completion of training, this local team will be working together to present workshops to meat packing employees, members of local congregations, and others in our community – to those looking to find out if they qualify for DACA and LPR status and connecting them to local resources to get them on their path .
The frequency of the workshops and the schedule for 2014-15 for staffing each will reflect the number of immigrants needing them.
REGISTER OR CALL: If you are interested, or have questions, please contact the QCI office to sign up for training at 563-322-4910.