QuadCityFED@netexpress.net309-788-1303 / 563-324-9414Mon/Tue: varies
Wed - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
Who We Are
The QCFL serves Scott, Muscatine and Louisa Counties in Iowa and Rock Island, Henry and Mercer Counties in Illinois.
The QCFL consists of 73 union locals and affiliate organizations who represent 33,000 workers.
The purpose of the Quad City Federation of Labor is to build solidarity among unions and within our communities.
For more information contact us at:
- Over Half Of LGBT Students Feel Unsafe At School, Report ShowsThough schools are gradually improving, GLSEN finds that LGBT students across the country still experience high levels of harassment and discrimination.The post Over Half Of LGBT Students Feel Unsafe At School, Report Shows appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- U.S. Solar Is 59 Percent Cheaper Than We Thought It Would Be Back In 2010For large utility-scale solar systems, the price is as low as $1.92 per watt -- 59 percent below where it was expected to be at this time back in 2010.The post U.S. Solar Is 59 Percent Cheaper Than We Thought It Would Be Back In 2010 appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Senator Blasts Obama For Working With World Partners To Contain Ebola EpidemicHe says it amounts to "political correctness" that won't do anything to protect Americans.The post Senator Blasts Obama For Working With World Partners To Contain Ebola Epidemic appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Methane Leaks Wipe Out Any Climate Benefit Of Fracking, Satellite Observations ConfirmA new study using long-term satellite observations confirms (for the umpteenth time) that fracking speeds up global warming and has no net climate benefit whatsoever in any timescale that matters to humanity.The post Methane Leaks Wipe Out Any Climate Benefit Of Fracking, Satellite Observations Confirm appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- University Of North Carolina Investigation Finds Rampant Academic Fraud Involving AthletesAn 18-year scheme of fraudulent classes benefited nearly 20 percent of UNC athletes, boosting their GPAs and helping them stay eligible, an investigation finds.The post University Of North Carolina Investigation Finds Rampant Academic Fraud Involving Athletes appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- BP Oil Spill ‘Didn’t Ruin The Gulf,’ Says Politico Article Written By BPPolitico readers have to go through ten paragraphs of someone telling them BP's historic oil spill was environmentally negligible before they know that the writer is one of BP's top executives. The post BP Oil Spill ‘Didn’t Ruin The Gulf,’ Says Politico Article Written By BP appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Seattle Cops Bring Lawsuit Claiming They Have A Constitutional Right To Use Excessive ForceA federal judge says no way.The post Seattle Cops Bring Lawsuit Claiming They Have A Constitutional Right To Use Excessive Force appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Fort Lauderdale Votes To Make It Harder To Feed The Homeless, Joining Two Dozen Other CitiesWith food charities around the country already stretched beyond capacity, a couple dozen towns are setting out to make it even harder to feed one of the neediest groups: homeless people.The post Fort Lauderdale Votes To Make It Harder To Feed The Homeless, Joining Two Dozen Other Cities appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Germany’s Vice-Chancellor Calls For A New Grand Bargain For EuropeIn advance of his first visit to the United States as Vice-Chancellor, and ahead of meetings with Treasury Secretary Jack Lew and Vice-President Joe Biden, Gabriel sat down with CAP senior fellow Matt Browne to discuss the economic and political challenges facing Germany, Europe, and the transatlantic relationship.The post Germany’s Vice-Chancellor Calls For […]
- Pennsylvania Governor Signs Free Speech Ban Targeting Criminal OffendersPennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett (R) isn't too keen on the First Amendment.The post Pennsylvania Governor Signs Free Speech Ban Targeting Criminal Offenders appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Over Half Of LGBT Students Feel Unsafe At School, Report Shows
Executive Pay Watch
Download flyer here: Immigration Outreach Training
QC Interfaith is partnering with United Food & Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Local 431, UFCW International and the Center for Worker Justice in Training for Community Members on Immigration Outreach Event to LPR and DACA (Legal Permanent Residents and Deferred Action Youth)
WHAT: QC Interfaith is seeking our leaders and other community members to build a team to be trained to participate in workshops for reaching out to legal permanent residents (LPR’s) and childhood arrivals (DACA) to begin them on a path to citizenship. Volunteers on this team will receive two and half days of training July 10-12 , 2014 to be able to help immigrants decide if they are qualified for the LPR to citizenship or the deferred action for children programs and provide them with information about the documentation they must present for participation in either.
WHEN: July 10-12, 2014
Thursday- July 10 9 am to 5pm
Friday July 11 9am -5pm
Saturday 9am to 12 noon
WHERE: At the UFCW Hall – 2411 W. Central Park Avenue, Davenport. Iowa
COST & OTHER INFO:
Training is free.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Translators for Spanish (and other languages if needed) will be provided
You do not need to be bilingual.
NEXT STEPS: After successful completion of training, this local team will be working together to present workshops to meat packing employees, members of local congregations, and others in our community – to those looking to find out if they qualify for DACA and LPR status and connecting them to local resources to get them on their path .
The frequency of the workshops and the schedule for 2014-15 for staffing each will reflect the number of immigrants needing them.
REGISTER OR CALL: If you are interested, or have questions, please contact the QCI office to sign up for training at 563-322-4910.