QuadCityFED@netexpress.net309-788-1303 / 563-324-9414Mon/Tue: varies
Wed - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
Who We Are
The QCFL serves Scott, Muscatine and Louisa Counties in Iowa and Rock Island, Henry and Mercer Counties in Illinois.
The QCFL consists of 73 union locals and affiliate organizations who represent 33,000 workers.
The purpose of the Quad City Federation of Labor is to build solidarity among unions and within our communities.
For more information contact us at:
- Ohio Republicans Use Extreme Measures To Advance Radical Six Week Abortion BanThe sponsors of the so-called "heartbeat ban" pulled out all the stops to make sure the measure will advance in Ohio's lame duck session.The post Ohio Republicans Use Extreme Measures To Advance Radical Six Week Abortion Ban appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Forget The Pundits: Reactions To Obama’s Speech From The Immigrants Who Are Actually Impacted"I'm looking forward to the millions of people across the country taking breaths together," Greisa Martinez said. The post Forget The Pundits: Reactions To Obama’s Speech From The Immigrants Who Are Actually Impacted appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- In Groundbreaking Announcement, Power Plant Operator Aims For Drastic Emissions CutsNRG Energy, the second-largest conventional power generation company in the country, just announced a goal of reducing its carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2030.The post In Groundbreaking Announcement, Power Plant Operator Aims For Drastic Emissions Cuts appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Officer Who Shot Michael Brown In Talks To ResignThe grand jury verdict will come out any day now. The post Officer Who Shot Michael Brown In Talks To Resign appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- 5 Ways The President’s Plan On Immigration Helps LGBT ImmigrantsPresident Obama's executive action on immigration won't solve all LGBT immigrants' problems, but it could still help them quite a bit.The post 5 Ways The President’s Plan On Immigration Helps LGBT Immigrants appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Why Laws Can’t Stop Female Genital Mutilation"We hear every now and then that girls die because of this. I'm afraid of that. But we are not scared of the authorities."The post Why Laws Can’t Stop Female Genital Mutilation appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Ft. Lauderdale Arrests Homeless Man At Meeting To Honor National Homeless WeekThe latest volley in Ft. Lauderdale's war against the homeless.The post Ft. Lauderdale Arrests Homeless Man At Meeting To Honor National Homeless Week appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Former Player Convicted Of Rape Barred From Rejoining English Soccer ClubAfter public outcry and pressure, Sheffield United has reversed a decision to let convicted rapist Ched Evans train with the team.The post Former Player Convicted Of Rape Barred From Rejoining English Soccer Club appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- The Complicated Ethics Of ‘Serial,’ The Most Popular Podcast Of All TimeAsking the experts: does serialization get in the way of reporting? Can first-person narration be objective? What is Jay's last name?The post The Complicated Ethics Of ‘Serial,’ The Most Popular Podcast Of All Time appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Everything You Need To Know About Obama’s Executive ActionObama’s action will provide the first opportunity for millions of undocumented immigrants to live and work openly.The post Everything You Need To Know About Obama’s Executive Action appeared first on ThinkProgress.
- Ohio Republicans Use Extreme Measures To Advance Radical Six Week Abortion Ban
Executive Pay Watch
Download flyer here: Immigration Outreach Training
QC Interfaith is partnering with United Food & Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Local 431, UFCW International and the Center for Worker Justice in Training for Community Members on Immigration Outreach Event to LPR and DACA (Legal Permanent Residents and Deferred Action Youth)
WHAT: QC Interfaith is seeking our leaders and other community members to build a team to be trained to participate in workshops for reaching out to legal permanent residents (LPR’s) and childhood arrivals (DACA) to begin them on a path to citizenship. Volunteers on this team will receive two and half days of training July 10-12 , 2014 to be able to help immigrants decide if they are qualified for the LPR to citizenship or the deferred action for children programs and provide them with information about the documentation they must present for participation in either.
WHEN: July 10-12, 2014
Thursday- July 10 9 am to 5pm
Friday July 11 9am -5pm
Saturday 9am to 12 noon
WHERE: At the UFCW Hall – 2411 W. Central Park Avenue, Davenport. Iowa
COST & OTHER INFO:
Training is free.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Translators for Spanish (and other languages if needed) will be provided
You do not need to be bilingual.
NEXT STEPS: After successful completion of training, this local team will be working together to present workshops to meat packing employees, members of local congregations, and others in our community – to those looking to find out if they qualify for DACA and LPR status and connecting them to local resources to get them on their path .
The frequency of the workshops and the schedule for 2014-15 for staffing each will reflect the number of immigrants needing them.
REGISTER OR CALL: If you are interested, or have questions, please contact the QCI office to sign up for training at 563-322-4910.